SEO Scholars is an eight-year program. After our rigorous academic preparation throughout high school, we continue to provide four years of intensive guidance to Scholars throughout college, ensuring that they graduate on time and are prepared for productive careers or graduate-level education.
We Prepare our Scholars for Admission to Competitive Colleges
- 100% of SEO Scholars are accepted to four-year colleges and universities
- In 2016, 94% of SEO Scholars were accepted to selective colleges, as ranked by Barron’s Profiles of American Colleges. 81% now attend schools in the top three tiers
- In 2016, SEO Scholars were awarded more than $2.3 million in grants and scholarships for their first year of college alone. Our Scholars regularly win competitive national scholarships including:
We Produce Exceptional College Graduation Rates
It isn’t enough to create college starters. SEO Scholars are college finishers. They go from being motivated, underserved public high school students to graduates of competitive four-year colleges.
- 90% of SEO Scholars graduate college
- On average, SEO Scholars maintain a “B” GPA while in college
The College Scholars Experience
Our highly-trained College Scholars staff of counselors, led by a L.M.S.W., supports students through every academic, personal, and financial challenge they face as first-generation college students.
We host a series of workshops both before and during college. Topics include everything from adjusting to college life to time management, relationship-building with professors, effective study strategies and more.
ongoing one-on-one support
Our team provides ongoing one-on-one advising throughout the school year, for every year of college. This includes academic, personal, financial aid, and career support.
Career exploration & networking events
College Scholars participate in two large-scale career exploration events each year. These feature panel discussions, workshops and networking activities with professionals from a variety of industries.
Scholars receive comprehensive resume reviews, mock interviews, and feedback on cover letters and applications. In 2016, we helped 67% of our College Scholars to secure summer internships.