SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college–with a 90% college graduation rate.
In high school, we offer intensive year-round academic preparation via a carefully-calibrated, rigorously-assessed course of supplemental education. Our Saturday, summer, and weekly after-school classes provide the equivalent of 2.5+ years of instruction in English and 1.5+ years of instruction in math.
In college, we continue to support students through each of their four years, providing one-on-one academic, personal, and career exploration support.
Who are SEO Scholars?
High School Scholars
We serve 720+ public high school students in New York City and 55+ public high school students in San Francisco.
- Hold at least a 70% GPA in New York City and at least a 2.0 GPA in San Francisco
- The average family income for our Scholars in New York City is under $32,000. The average family size is four, though nearly half of our Scholars are from single-parent households.
We serve 535 college students in 177 schools across 25 states.
- 100% are accepted to four-year colleges
- ~85% are first-generation college graduates
- More than 70% of SEO Scholars attend colleges ranked as top by U.S. News & World Report
- 90% of SEO Scholars graduate college