SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college–with a 90% college graduation rate.
In high school, we offer intensive year-round academic preparation via a carefully-calibrated, rigorously-assessed course of supplemental education. Our Saturday, summer, and weekly after-school classes provide the equivalent of 2.5+ years of instruction in English and 1.5+ years of instruction in math.
In college, we continue to support students through each of their four years, providing one-on-one academic, personal, and career exploration support.
Who are SEO Scholars?
High School Scholars
We serve 870+ public high school students in New York City and 80 public high school students in San Francisco.
- Hold at least a 70% GPA in New York City and at least a 2.0 GPA in San Francisco
- Come from families whose median income is well below the poverty line (the average family income for our Scholars in New York City is under $32,000). The average family size is four, though nearly half of our Scholars are from single-parent households.
We serve 460 college students at 148 different colleges and universities across 24 states.
- 100% are accepted to four-year colleges
- ~85% are first-generation college graduates
- On average, Scholars maintain a “B” average in college
- 90% of SEO Scholars graduate college